1. Birth Film + Photo session includes:
- On call time from 38-41 weeks gestation (unless specified otherwise).
-Photography and or video during active labor until 1-2 hours postpartum.
- Sessions includes 25+ hand edited images in high resolution. Images will be a mix of black & white and color (photographer's discretion).
-Online private password protected gallery for viewing, downloading, and/or print purchases of your digital files.
This agreement is between Amber Walder of Amber Walder Photography & FIlms and ____________________________.
Upon signing this contract, a session retainer of $400 is due to the photographer. Dates are not confirmed until retainer is received. Session retainer is non-refundable. This retainer is applied towards total session fee. Upon receiving payment, the photographer will reserved client's birth on her calendar.
The remaining balance of $2095 + tax is due by the 37 week gestation. If remaining balance is not paid by 37 weeks, the photographer's obligation to attend the birth is nullified until payment is received.
2. Client is responsible to keep in contact with photographer in the weeks leading up to the client's birth. Keep photographer updated with appointments and if there are any significant changes in the birth plan.
- In early labor: Notify photographer via call or text so that she can prepare to be available. If photographer does not respond by text, please call.
-In active labor: Notify photographer once active labor has been established.
3. If client has a precipitous birth and is unable to call photographer with enough notice, this contract is still valid and photographer will come to place of birth to document the moments after delivery. Precipitous births are not the fault of the client nor the photographer. Photographer will document client's birth story-in this case- a fast birth is the client's story and money will not be returned. Photographer will deliver the same amount of images & film as agreed upon in this contract. Price of session remains the same.
4. The photographer holds copyright for all images taken during the birth session. Any attempt to claim the photographs as the client's own will result in lawful action. Photographs are for prints and personal use only. Photographer obtains the irrevocable right to utilize photographs from your birth for advertising or commercial purposes. This includes the posting of certain images on advertising materials that include photographer's website, Facebook page, social media, and printed media in accordance to model release.
5. It is the client's responsibility to ensure the place of birth (hospital, birth center, or home birth midwife) is aware of the birth photographer and doesn't have guidelines against birth photography. The birth photographer is not responsible for any missed shots due to medical staff. If the client has a c-section or is in an emergency situation, it is the client's responsibility to discuss photographers presence in the operating room (OR). If the photographer is not allowed in the OR, contract is still fully enforceable. Photographer will document the client's story from the vantage point that she's allowed access to by the hospital staff.
6. Photographer is hired as the sole photographer. Client's family and friends can also take pictures, but the photographer is not responsible for missed shots due to interference.
7. If photographer is unable to perform this contract due to sickness, emergency, equipment malfunction, or causes beyond the photographer's control (traffic, inclement weather, etc), the photographer and client will attempt to schedule a replacement session (Fresh 48, newborn, or family film + photo session). The price of session remains the same.
I hereby give permission to Amber Walder Photography to use my name, photos, video footage and photographic likeness in all forms, altering without restrictions, for media, advertising, blog, portfolio, display, and all other lawful purposes. I understand that I am entitled to no compensation. I release the photographer, Amber Walder, and Amber Walder Photography, in all forms, of claims and liability related to my photo usage.